Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Strong


"Strength isn't something you have. It's something God helps you find..."

(if you haven't watched the Emma Smith movie, please do. inspiring.)
Sometimes it's hard to be strong.
Sometimes it's hard for me to be brave.
In the end though, I've found that when things aren't going 'right,'
when labs aren't normal,
and my body isn't acting how it's 'supposed to,'
I can find comfort knowing that God is in this.
He knows more than I do.
It doesn't matter what medication I take, or treatments I go through.
I believe that no matter what financial, physical, or emotional place I'm in,
He knows best.
He knows when.
He knows why.
He has a way that may not be my own...
but it's right.

Finding comfort and strength in this today.


"It is not the design of heaven that we be rescued from all difficult situations. Rather, it is the Lord's will that we learn to handle them."

-Joseph Fielding McConkie
(written 3/1/11)

No comments:

Post a Comment